GOODR CONTEST RULES
(Dated January 3, 2018)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in the contest outlined herein (the “Contest”), the contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these contest rules (the “Rules”), as established by Goodr LLC (“goodr” or “We”). and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements herien. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of goodr as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Rules: The Contest rules are as follows:
- Throughout 2018, We will be adding pieces of treasure swag (for example, Jurassic Park trading cards) to the first 500 orders of our limited release sunglasses.
- One piece of treasure swag will be added for each pair of eligible sunglasses in the particular order. Only one piece of treasure swag per limited edition line will be included. For example, Ex 1: If an order has 4 sunglasses, only 1 of which is limited release, there will only be 1 piece of treasure swag added to the order. Ex 2: If an order has 2 sunglasses, one each from DIFFERENT limited edition lines, there will be 2 pieces of treasure swag added.
- Once We run out of the 500 pieces of initial treasure swag, no more treasure swag will be added to orders even if they contain the appropriate limited release sunglasses. No notice will be given regarding how many pieces of treasure swag are remaining at any point.
- There will be 9 limited release sunglasses throughout the year: Dino Shades, Uncle O’Grimacey’s Shamrock Shots, Easter Bunny Sunnies, Gay Pride Sunglasses, 4th of July Sunglasses, Breaking Silence, Thanksgiving, Limited Release Winter Line, and Christmas.
- Contestants must collect treasure swag from all 9 limited releases and complete the following tasks in order to win the prize detailed herein:
- Post a photo/video on Social Media, tagging goodr and letting us know that you are a badass.
- Send us all of your items via U.S. Postal Service certified mail, return receipt requested. (Yep, means you have to GO TO A POST OFFICE). Postmark must be on or before January 31, 2019.
- We will return your items with your prize.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who comply with the contest rules and entry requirements herein and who are eighteen years old as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Contest Period: Participants may redeem their treasure swag until January 31, 2019.
- Prizes: The winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a pair of goodr sunglasses not generally sold to the public. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by goodr. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at goodr’s sole discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for goodr to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: Chances of winning are restricted by the 500-piece limit on treasure swag associated with each limited release sunglasses. Odds of winning depend on how quickly a participant purchases limited release sunglasses after they are provided to the general public for sale.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Every participant that complies with these Rules and the requirements of Section 2 will be deemed a winner. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (DETERMINED AT GOODR‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms & Conditions: Goodr reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond goodr’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, goodr may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by goodr.
- Indemnification and Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless GOODR LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; or (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. IN ANY EVENT, GOODR’S AGGREGATE TOTAL MONETARY LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO STATUTORY, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, INDEMNITY, CONTRIBUTION, AND CONTRACT THEORIES) WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MONETARY VALUE OF THE PRIZES GIVEN TO THE WINNER HEREUNDER.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles County, California, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Contest Entrance Without Purchase: You can request treasure swag, without buying limited release sunglasses, by mailing, postage-paid, a self-addressed envelope (a “Request”) bearing sufficient return postage and bearing on its exterior the Participant’s return mailing address (first and last name, street address, city/town, Province/Territory, country, and postal code), legibly printed by the Participant to: GOODR LLC, 316 Culver Blvd, Playa Del Rey, CA 90293. DO NOT SEND ANY POTENTIAL WINNING GAME MATERIAL(S), COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Both the mailing and return addresses on the exterior envelope must be legibly hand-printed in ink and the return address on that exterior envelope MUST be the same as the address which appears on the enclosed self-addressed stamped envelope or the Request will NOT be honored. Envelopes with no return address on the outside will NOT be honored. Requests that are sent in business-reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers, that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically produced or reproduced, that fail in any way to comply with the requirements set out above in this sub-paragraph, or that are not mailed separately in separate outer envelopes bearing sufficient postage will NOT be honored. While supplies last (i.e., before the 500 pieces of treasure swag are given out to eligible orders), one (1) piece of treasure swag will be mailed in response to each Request that complies with these requirements. Requests must be postmarked no later than December 10, 2018, and received at the above address no later than December 18, 2018.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Goodr, LLC, 316 Culver Blvd, Playa del Rey, CA 90293.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Goodr, LLC, 316 Culver Blvd, Playa del Rey, CA 90293.
- Social Media Release: The Contest hosted by goodr is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and You hereby agree to release and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from any liability, damages, losses, costs or expenses incurred by you in association with the Contest.