We created our brand for people who think running is fun! We started with the belief that running is fun and your gear should be too.
We are a young, fun and irreverent brand and we love to push the limits. For instance, some of our colorway names are “Whiskey Shots with Satan” and “Flamingos on a Booze Cruise.” When we go to trade shows, we have a kiddie pool full of beer, and may or may not have shotgunned beers in our booth with a Reebok rep at the last one. Highly professional.
We love dogs in the office, but more importantly we like doing cool shit. We believe done is better than perfect, the only way to get better is to fail, and most of all, in having fucking fun!
Current Opening: Distribution Center Coordinator
We’re looking for an energetic and physical person that loves logistics, operations, and packing boxes. (And no, we don’t mean “Operation” the god-complex-creating board game that allows people aged 4 to adult to remove humorously named body parts from a rudolph nosed rube with tweezers whilst attempting not to touch the sides of the cavity…we mean Operations, meaning coordinating the day-to-day business operations of our company.) This role has the potential to grow into something very large and we want someone who’s looking to grow with us.
You must be the type of person who gets off on coordinating a lot of moving parts and people, being three steps ahead, and completing tasks. If you love crossing that finish line on tasks and feeling a sense of accomplishment, this is the job for you. You also must have the desire to learn about running a brand, operations, entrepreneurship, and consumer experience. Our top candidate above all will be detail oriented while enjoying problem solving and getting shit done. We love people who live and work with passion.
- Responsible for performance of all Distribution Center operations
- Ensure fulfillment of all inventory to all consumers and retail stores
- Have a great relationship with FedEx, UPS, DHL, and USPS (not as easy as it may sound…)
- Be able to learn, love, and excel in Shipstation, StitchLabs, and WooCommerce
- Plan, implement, and monitor the day-to-day operations for the packing, warehouse and distribution functions
- Accountable for the receiving, handling, packing/repacking, distributing, and storing of all merchandise and supplies that come in and out of the warehouse
- Make cost effective and timely decisions regarding our DC, logistics, and quality control
- Always be thinking about ways to improve the fulfilment process
- Don’t care (bonus points for Basset Hound Science or Dinosaur Law)
- Proficiency on a Mac, GSuite, Excel
- Mad Bonus if you’ve ever used StitchLabs, WordPress or Shipstation (you will have to learn these)
- Extra points for troubleshooting a label printer without expressing the desire to throw the piece of crap out the window
- Know how to google a question to solve a problem
- Must have a good attitude
- Be proactive
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Attention to detail is key
- Owning a unicorn, basset hound or golden retriever is a big plus
WHAT YOU GET
- The opportunity to show up every day and have fun
- The ability to learn and grow as a person
- To be first in line for a full time position down the road
- College Credit (this is in your hands to get approved through your school)
- Pay at $20/hour
- Show up to our Playa Del Rey office ready to kill it
- Monday – Friday Must be between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., 2-4 hours per day)
Email the following to email@example.com
+ Cover note (more casual than a “letter”…we just want to get a sense of who you are!)
+ Links to projects or groups you’re involved with
+ A drawing of an octopus fighting a pirate (not joking)
Ignite and unite the spirits of your friends.
Be active, be yourself, and live with purpose.
Getting a good story is all the reason you need to try something.
If you show up and run, you are a runner…your time and distance are just numbers.
Judge your success by the friends you meet and the high fives you give.
Own your gear, don’t let your gear own you.
What you talk about on a run stays on the run.
Strive for greatness and fight the urge to settle for ordinary.
When pain shows up, find a place to put it (until you can have a beer).
Always remember the closest bathroom.
Bring a dog with you as often as you can.
Whenever possible, wear a party tank — and remember, you bring the party to the tank top, the tank doesn’t bring the party to you.
Enjoy every step you take, every hill you climb, every view you earn.
Runner Swag is a mindset….when you look good, you play goodr.